Carlos Mencia Addresses Joke Stealing Accusations, Talks about New Comedy Central Special
Written By MCF | Posted In Comedy Show,News,Videos
Monday November 28th 2011, 4:53 pm

Comedian Carlos Mencia has been working hard lately, losing over 70 pounds and perfecting new material for his upcoming Comedy Central special, “Carlos Mencia: New Territory.” Mencia chatted recently with the New York Times about his life since the days of his hit show “Mind of Mencia.”

One issue the 44 year-old comedian discussed  was the huge controversy over him stealing jokes from various performers. Mencia said he remembered thinking, “I was defeated. (It was) so untrue, it’s so far gone, I’m done.” He went on to add, “I don’t know what to say. That was the beginning of the realization that, like it or not, I’m complicit in this.”

The comedian had no problem calling out some of his enemies during the interview, including “Fear Factor” host Joe Rogan. “Guys like Rogan literally want to ruin my career. That’s unbelievably cruel and hurtful, and I never want to be that guy,” Mencia said.

Despite the turmoil and the hit to his reputation caused by all the accusations, Mencia remains optimistic about his future, which includes a chance at redemption during his Comedy Central special: “I have an opportunity to do something really amazing,” he said, “to have gone from nothing to ‘Mind of Mencia’ to having all of this controversy to now being able to do it again. I get the opportunity to become Carlos Mencia all over again. It’s a great place to be.”

To read the full New York Times story click here.




No Comments so far



(required)

(required)